- TriAx™ weight mapping 1) provides an extended flexibility that allows a high degree of creator control over complex, high quality bends. TriAx™ weight mapping allows the creation of :
- General, or “traditional”, weight mapping is a method that only allows a single weight map to control all axes of rotation and scale on a bone. This limits the degree of control but has the benefit of easier editing.
The weight mapping method used can be changed by converting a TriAx™ weight mapped figure to a General weight mapped figure by choosing Edit > Figure > Rigging > Convert TriAx Weight to General Weight from the Main Menu Bar.
- Rotation : Controls the falloff of the bones rotation or 'bend' effect.
- Scale : Controls the falloff of the bones scale effect.
- Bulge Right/Left : Controls a radial push from the bone center point along its rotation axis.
- Rigidity : Controls the falloff of the Rigidity effect. 6)
- General Weights : This map type only applies to figures which use the General weight mapping method, where it takes the place of Rotation and Scale maps.
Main Menu Bar : Window > Tabs > Tool Settings 7)
Adding a Weight Map :
- Choose from available maps in the Unused Maps drop-down list. 8)
- Click Add Map.
Removing a Weight Map :
- Right-click the map you wish to remove.
- Choose Remove Selected.