Table of Contents
|Product Name:||How To Remove Poke Through|
How many of you have already found the perfect shape, the perfect pose, the perfect lights and camera frame for a character, and suddenly, everything is compromised by a poke through in the outfit? You know, when the figure you're using “pokes” above its outfit… Most of you probably. I think I could say all of you.
There are many solutions to this problem.
The goal of this tutorial is to explain the many tools you have how to solve this problem, working on a concrete example, and using various technics.
This tutorial is divided in four tutorials. One for Poser users, one for DAZ Studio 3 users, one for DAZ Studio 4.5 users, and the last tutorial for all users since it describe how to remove your poke through once your image is calculated, using postwork in a 2D software.
In all the tutorials - except the Postwork one - you will find the methods common to Poser and DAZ Studio including, how to :
- Use nodes properties
- Create and apply opacity/transparency maps
- Use magnets/deformers, and spawn them (only in DAZ Studio 3 and 4.5 Tutorials) as morphs
In the Poser Tutorial you will also find more specifically how to solve poke through using :
- The morphing tools included in Poser (Poser 7 and above)
- The new morphing tools included in Poser Pro 2014
- The ZBrush Goz in order to morph outfits
- Blender, a free 3D software in order to repair the geometries (useful for Poser versions older than Poser 7)
In the DAZ Studio 3 Tutorial you will also find specific solutions to solve poke through using:
- Blender, a free 3D Software, and the morph loader to create a morph on your Posed Figure or on your Zero Figure, and the consequences of your choice.
In the DAZ Studio 4.5 Tutorial you will also find specific solutions to solve poke through using :
- The Smoothing Modifier and the Transfer Active Morph tools
- Blender and the Morph Loader Pro to Create Morphs
- The ZBrush Goz to Create Morphs
With all these tools, you will fast be able to remove all poke through from your scenes, whatever the poke through you have, whatever the software you use!
Below is a list of the installation package types provided by this product. The name of each package contains a Package Qualifier (WIP), which is used as a key to indicate something about the contents of that package.
[ ] = Optional, depending on target application(s)
Not all installation packages provide files that are displayed to the user within the interface of an application. The packages listed below, do. The application(s), and the location(s) within each application, are shown below.
Visit our site for technical support questions or concerns.