This page exists within the Old ArtZone Wiki section of this site. Read the information presented on the linked page to better understand the significance of this fact.
1. First, create a cube and choose Scale Axis > Y to make it flatter, then Scale Axis > X to make it skinny. This is the start of the wing's “arm”.
2. Select the face at the end and Extrude > Normal. Move it along the X axis to make the point where the “thumb” is.
3. This step is very important! Extrude > Normal once for each finger you want. I made a traditional four fingered wing, so I extruded four times. Make the last extrusion longer, it's the last finger (equivelent to your index finger).
4. Now select the three faces along the underside of the arm and Extrude > Normal. DO NOT Extrude > Region! That won't get the effect we want.
6. Now Extrude the faces to make the fingers, and reposition them where you want them. You may need to move the edge loops along the arm and index finger to adjust the thickness, like I did here. To select an edge loop in Wings, select an edge and press L on the keyboard. I have an edge loop selected in the diagram, in case you don't know what an edge loop is ;)
7. Select the faces inside the fingers like this…
And Extrude Region > Normal. Bring the faces close but don't let the corners touch. You'll have a mess if they do. Do this for all the fingers.
8. Disolve most of the edges and vertices, they'll just get in the way otherwise. Move the edges so you have a rough membrane. Move > Normal is your friend here.
10. Select the top faces and Move > Y to make the membrane thinner. Then do the same for the bottom faces.
11. Now if you have some edges and vertices you don't want, go fix them. This step isn't needed, but it makes modeling claws easier.
12. Select the faces at the ends of the fingers and Flatten > Normal. You'll probably have to Rotate > Y as well, since they'll be a bit crooked. Next, Inset these same faces.
14. Inset again to start the claws. Extrude > Normal to make the claws. Then Scale > Uniform to make the points.
15. Select these edges and press C to connect them. After you connect them, cut the new edges and scale them outwards. We want a more circular area for the thumb.